Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird. Praise for the singing, praise for the morning, Praise for them springing fresh from the word.
2. Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven, Like the first dew fall on the first grass. Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden, Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.
3. Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning, Born of the one light Eden saw play. Praise with elation, praise every morning, God's re-creation of the new day.
4. Cool the gray clouds roll, peaking the mountains, Gull in her free flight, swooping the skies. Praise for the sweet glimpse, caught in a moment, Joy breathing deeply, dancing in flight.
5. Praise for the sunrise, warming the heavens, Spilling its warm glow over the earth. Praise for the mystery, misting the morning, Behind the shadow, waiting to shine.
6. Mine is a turning, mine is a new life, Mine is a journey closer to You. Praise for the brightness of this new morning, Filling my spirit with Your great love.